Beaten For Your Color

Beats by


Sitting here bored off mind, who's around, who can I find.

Walked down the street to do my thing, I had no clue what my day would bring.

Grabbed by the arm as the cops passed me by, I thought to myself omg I'm going to die.

Judged by the color of my skin, then it started, it began.

Trying to do everything they said, but they didn't care they still made me bled.

Beaten down in the streets I walk, now I can't even open my mouth and even talk.

Arrested and beaten without being read my rights, this is the world we live in today always having to fight.

A few hours later they let me go, they had the wrong person they didn't even know.

Afraid to walk home alone again, I was even afraid to even call my friends.

We are no different we bleed the same way, maybe one day I'll see a change.

I now look threw the window in my home, I'm afraid to even use the phone.

All our rights have been taken away, they make sure we have no final say.

The ones who assulted me still walk down my street, and when they see me in my window they look so pleased.

Looking for the wrong person once again, I just hope it's not going to be one of my friends.

Black, white, Latino and more, you better think twice before walking out that door.

Cops have the power and the power has them, it's only a matter of time before it happens again.

So before you take that little walk, think about this flow, keep it in your thoughts.

Justice doesn't mean shit anymore, there's nothing for these power hungry bastards, there's no cure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Shhh Really Means

How Much Money Do You Need?

Take A Chance